Key points | Draft Order on the call for tenders for access capacity at certain nodes of the transmission network in Spain
On June 10th, the MITECO (Ministerio para la Transición Ecológica y el Reto Demográfico) published the Draft Order announcing a call for tenders for access capacity at certain nodes of the transmission network. Among its main features highlighted:
1. A total of 17 nodes with a total capacity of 5,844 GW have been put out to tender.
2. Applications for this tender will be accepted until 1 December 2022.
3. For the evaluation and scoring of the tender, the following criteria will be taken into account:
• Time criteria (max. 13 pts): Projects that start feeding energy into the grid earlier will be given more points.
• Technological criteria (max. 25 points): The project's capacity for self-consumption, storage and hybridisation will be evaluated, as well as more technical aspects that improve the stability of the system, such as the incorporation of synchronous compensators, damping of oscillations, etc.
• Socio-economic criteria (max. 19 points): This section aims to assess the positive impact of the project on the area, measured through the ratio of land expropriation, direct jobs created in the construction and operation phases, local investment, participation of local investors, reinvestment of profits and the company's carbon footprint.
• Environmental criteria (max. 22 points): The environmental damage caused by the plant and the power evacuation line will be assessed.
Vector Renewables supports its customers to enhance the socio-economic and environmental plan of their projects, achieving a better integration in their sites and a positive positioning in capacity tenders. The regulatory and ESG department of Vector Renewables makes available a summary document with the main features approved in the Draft order on the call for tenders for access capacity to certain nodes of the transmission grid in Spain.
You can access the document by clicking below.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Cristian Álvarez, Regulatory Affairs Spain,
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.